Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Dress

So, dress shopping was just as painful as I thought it would be. Racks and racks of size 10 dresses, but only FOUR in my size to try on. :sigh: Glad I didn't try to tell myself that it would be okay. I tried a few on, they looked okay. Not amazing, but suitable. My sister pulled a dress that I thought was gorgeous, but it was a size 12. Bridal dresses run small, y'all! I could maybe get one leg in there. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, but I loved that dress. The consultant wheeled the floor length mirror to the front of my dressing room and I held the dress up to my body. Instantly, I knew. My body went hot then cold then hot again and the tears started welling up. I could feel my face turning red. I couldn't stop looking at myself! I didn't even know that this is how I wanted to look on my wedding day. I turned and saw my mom crying, my sister was crying, and my bridesmaid (who swore she wouldn't) crying. This was the dress. But, I couldn't logically see myself spending this big chunk of money on a dress that I couldn't put on my body. So, I traveled to two other bridal shops and tried on a dresses with a similar style and the same brand, and I think it'll be okay. The seamstress took my measurements and ordered the size that I need. It'll fit the body I have right now. If it doesn't, they can do magical sewing that only she and I will know about to make it fit. Dress shopping took EIGHT HOURS. I was tired, hungry, and thirsty by the time we were finished. I truly believe that I got the right dress. I'll get my beautiful, perfect dress this summer. I may never eat again.

I think I have a photographer. I kinda think I might have a crush on her. We'll meet with her at the end of this month. Next, I have to figure out invitations. Then, the cake. Then, flowers. Then, I hope the rest just falls into place. I'm not scared anymore about the wedding planning. Yay! One fear gone! Now, I just have to maintain my work outs and diet. Not that I'm ON a diet, I just have to watch my diet. Sounds easy, right? :) Riiiggghhhht. I'm excited. I can, I will do this. I can. I will. I'm kinda looking forward to making up new meal plans and trying new recipes. Life is so sweet.

Sweetie and I are so blessed. We got some awesome financial news that we weren't expecting. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Sometimes I think that if you just do what you are supposed to do, if you do what is RIGHT (even if it isn't easy) you'll be rewarded. If you try to be the best you can be, He'll send you help. I don't necessarily mean financial rewards, either. It could be good health, it could be good opportunities, it could be a close parking space at Wal-Mart when you're exhausted after a long day. Or, a rainbow sighting. Or, a random compliment. You get the idea. All of us are blessed. Some of us just don't choose to see it that way.

Okay, I'm out.

No comments: